Data privacy is important to us. This
means that we process data about identified or identifiable individuals, which
is called personal data (hereinafter, “PII”), with due care and in accordance
with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may update this Policy from time to time. When doing so, changes will be effective immediately upon posting the revised Policy on the Site. As a result, we recommend that you check this Policy on a regular basis.
Information that you give us
When you register on our Site, we collect some mandatory PII that can identify you such as your name and surname, email address, password, city/town and country to have access to the Public section of the Services.
However, please note that we would be requiring some extra additional information about your professional profile such as the name of the company in which you work, your address, license number and telephone number, only if you are given access to the Restricted section of the Services. For further information about the Public and Restricted sections of the Services, you can consult the Werfen Academy Terms of Service.
How we use your information and legal basis for the processing
Depending on the use we make of your PII, the legal basis allowing us to process it could be different. Below are the purposes and the legal basis for each of the processing of your PII:
· To provide you with access to the Site and its content: When registering on our Site we will record information necessary to provide you with such access and the Services. In addition to that, we may also have access to your PII derived from the operation of the Site (maintenance, storage, administration and security tasks). Furthermore, our Services also include the tracking of your learning progress in order to make this information available to you and issue the corresponding course completion certificates.
· Responding to your requests for information, concern or support related to either the Services or the Site: Users will be able to contact us to clarify any doubts they may have regarding the Services or the Site through the contact form “Contact Us”. In this contact form you must indicate your name, surname, email address and your country so that we can contact you, as well as the message that you send us to solve any question.
Where we reference that we use your PII in connection with responding a request for information, concern or support, or to provide you with access to the Site and its content, we do this because it is necessary for the performance of the service agreement we have with you.
We ask for your consent to manage cookies. Should you decide not to authorize the processing by expressing your disagreement, we will only use the strictly necessary cookies, as they are essential for providing our Services.
For further information about “cookies”, see our “Cookies Policy”.
We will not use your PII for any other purpose incompatible with the purposes listed above, unless it is authorized by you, or it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, to resolve disputes and/or to prevent security issues or abuse.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with other organizations in these ways:
· When we use other companies to power our Services.
· In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
· When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Werfen, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Site’s terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
· In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Time during which your information will be processed
Your registration information will be retained for as long as you are Member of the Site (as the term “Member” is defined in the Terms of Service) to address the purposes outlined herein.
We will not retain your PII longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed. Once this time has expired, you must bear in mind that certain regulations oblige us to keep such data for a longer period, especially to deal with possible complaints. During this time, we will keep your PII blocked only to comply with the legal obligations applying on us.
Whenever, in your opinion, the processing of your PII involves an infringement of the legal requirements, you have the right to lodge a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority. For further detail you can visit https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
How we protect your information
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard PII in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
How to contact us
As a global company, Werfen has appointed a person as the Data Protection Officer (DPO) to guarantee Werfen complies with all the legal requirements of the regulation regarding the protection of PII. In addition to that, with the aim of facilitating the resolution of any doubt or concern regarding data privacy, Werfen has also appointed a Local DPO (representative of the DPO) in every EU Werfen legal entity.